Magnificent homestay


I was really excited about my 3-day home stay weekend. I was looking forward to home stay but I felt a little nervous at first. My host family was kind woman. she is a graphic designer so there were many nice pictures in her house. She likes watching movies so we watched 3 movies during 3 days. It was difficult to understand the stories but all of them were very interesting!

On Saturday we went to her's friends house to congratulate her. She was a pregnant woman. On this day there was baby shower. The day was in celebration of a hers child's birth which was coming soon. This is American traditional so I was surprised. Everyone gave presents to her. Then she opened them immediately, this was different point from Japan so I felt different culture. On Sunday I made turkey pie with her. When I saw whole turkey I was astonished. It was very big! I had never seen such a turkey. It took 4 hours to roast. I cut it and made turkey pie. The cooking time while talking with her was really enjoyable. After cooking we ate the turkey pie. It was very very delicious! I was so happy to eat turkey which is famous American food. When we eat meals in Japan we say "itadakimasu" so I taught it to her. I was glad that she said "itadakimasu" I really enjoyed Saturday with her.

During 3 days I had a good experience. I could learn about a lot American culture. I talked with her many time so I learned a lot of new things and new vocabulary. I was grateful to her. I want to see her again before I go back to Japan. I had a very good time. I will never forget these memories.

Comments