Fruitful life at MFWI

I had a great time at MFWI. I learned many American culture. Three things have impacted me the most during my time here.

First, I had a very wonderful time playing American football in American studies class. I experienced American football when I came to America and I was looking forward to it. We were the Harvard team that was led Ron. For me, it was the initial experience of play American football. American football is a popular sport in America, but American football is not popular in Japan. My image of my American football only looked like rugby. I actually tried rugby and it was difficult. I got terribly excited when we played because I also saw everyone playing hard. However the result for our team was a defeat. I was very mortify. I watched to play the game more. My favorite sports have increased, because I have interest in the American football now. Then I leater I watched American football on TV at my host mother's house. It was very exciting. I learned American football rules. My host mother's friend taught me them. I was very happy. I want to watch American football games again. I was able to experience the game of American football and it was good.

Secondly, I had the greatest Halloween party during home stay. I was surprised, because there were many many kinds of costumes at the patty. For example arbiter, arise, Disney character and so on. I had trouble choosing my costumes. I decided to wear a nurse costume. By the way, my host mother choose my costume. I also made Jack-o'-Lantern and did trick or treating at my host family party. Many children visited my host family's house, so I was very surprised and I was so happy. Many children were wearing such cute costumes. I have never seen such a huge party like this before.

Finly, I experienced holy Thanksgiving day. I spent time with my host family on Thanksgiving day. There is no Thanksgiving day in Japan. However I think Thanksgiving day is like Oshogatsu. I learned about Thanksgiving day in Reading class. I felt Thanksgiving day is very important. Thanksgiving day is very deep. I learned to be thankful for my family, my friends, my boyfriend and many foods. I was deeply impressed by Thanksgiving day. Being Thankful for something is very important. I must be grateful for something everyday. However it is difficult. That is why Thanksgiving day is very good. There were many kinds of delicious foods on Thanksgiving day. The main dish is turkey. The turkey was very big, so I was surprised. it was so good. Turkey is not popular in Japan. I also ate pumpkin pie. I liked it. I learned how to make pumpkin pie. I will try make pumpkin pie in Japan. I reary enjoyed this holiday in America.

I leaned about American holidays and American sports. I had some culture observation. I had precious experience about the American culture. I got a lot of culture shock, but some times I got new great knowledge. Through studying and living at MFWI, I was able to broad in my horizon.

Comments