Splendid American Life

This is my first visit to America, and I learned English at MFWI for 4 months. I couldn't believe it at first, but I had a wonderful time everyday. I had 4 valuable experiences at MFWI.

My first importance experience is studying English in America. All of my teachers are American, and they speak English, and I must speak English in the classes, so I was at a loss, and I was nervous at first. I couldn't understand what my teachers said at first, but I could understand little by little, so I was glad. I came to enjoy learning English. In addition, I think that the teachers at MFWI were sociable, because they were very kind and interesting, and unique. The classes are amusing for me, because everyone takes part in the classes eagerly, because the classes are small. There are many presentations and there are a lot of chances to speak our opinion. I will never forget this wonderful experience.

My second valuable experience is traveling in America. I went to Seattle and the East Coast. I saw many things that I had only seen in pictures or on TV or books before, for example, Lincoln memorial, White House, capital buildings. I was very excited when I watched these things. The guides of the trips taught us a lot of curious information, so I could know the history in America. I thought that I wanted to stay a long the places more, and I was glad that I could go with my precious friends, RA, advisers. These trips were very pleasant for me.

My third wonderful experience is homestay. It was my first time to live with American family. I felt strain, and I was afraid of making mistakes in English conversation, so I couldn't speak a lot of at firs, but I felt that my hostfamily were warm, and they spoke to me a number of times, so I can speak English little by little with them. I had homestay 4 times. I really made friends my hostfamily with like my own family. I was looking forward to meeting with them each time. I could learn American culture, and American life. I want to thank to my host family.

The other rare experience is dormitory life. I had never lived with my friends all the time before. There were sometimes disagreeable things, but my RA and my friends cooperated. I knew that it was very important to stay with them, and we should respect each other. Now, they are valuable friends for me. My RA is kind, and reliable. She sometimes helped us. My dormitory is cute, and cozy, so I like it. In addition, my dormitory was very near my classroom. In Japan, I took about 2 hours from my house to my university, so it was very comfortable for me. If I lived in dormitory, I would use my experience, and I want to be close friends forever.

I thought that my 4 months here was very long, but I think that it is too short now. I enjoy staying here, and it is comfortable for me. I also want to experience a lot of new things from now on.

Comments