My Precious Memories!

I came to Spokane in February, and I was excited about this study abroad opportunity. I made many precious memories. I definitely think I can't make these precious memories in Japan. I have 3 best memories out of these memories.

My best memory is East Coast trip. This was a big event during our study abroad experience. I had a great time, and I learned about American history, and we went to many historical place. I saw many marvelous statues, for example, Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial. My favorite place is The Smithsonian Institution, because there were many museums. The Smithsonian Institution is the world's largest museum, but I could go to only 2 museums. I saw Apollo 11 in the Air and Space museum, and I saw many big dinosaurs and a Hope Diamond in the Museum of Natural History. The Hope Diamond was very beautiful, and there were many other kind of jewelry. I wanted to visit all the museums, but I didn't have enough time. I want to go there again. I enjoyed this trip.

My second cherished memory is home stay. I had a joyful time with my host mother. This was my first experience with American home, so it was impressive for me. I saw a movie Alice in Wonderland together in Northtown, made some Japanese food, made some cookies and went shopping with host mother. We also made miso soup, sushi and teriyaki chicken. It was very delicious. She was really good at cooking and she was very kind. She taught us many things. I feel she is like my real mother. I like her very much. I had a really great time during home stay.

My third dear memory is school visit. I went to an American school three times in class. These schools are Sunrise Elementary, Balboa Elementary and Kindergarten. The children were very cute, but I couldn't understand what children said. They were very kind, so they said same things again and again. I usually don't like children, so I was nervous before I went to there, but I enjoyed. I can't contact with American children in Japan, so I think that I had fabulous experience. I want to go again, and I want to talk children.

These are my unforgettable memories. I had really precious time in here for 4 months, and I enjoyed studying English and go to outside. I thank my parents for this study abroad opportunity. I will never forget these memories and experiences as long as I live.

Comments