I have a lot of wonderful memories in the USA. I think that almost all of the students had a good time with RAs, friends and teachers. We could study not only English but also American culture. I think my understanding of American culture has broaden. I also think my English skill has improved. I have 3 most marvelous memories on my time in the USA.First, I will never forget my East Coast trip. It was one of the most exciting things for me. I had never been to Boston and Washington D.C. so I felt that everything was fresh. I could feel the atmosphere of these exciting cities. We could see many famous buildings, places and memorials. My most favorite place was the Lincoln memorial. This is very beautiful place. I think that such a presidential memorial as this is important because we shouldn't forgot them. In my opinion, it was astonished thing that the civilian could choose the representation in the US when there was the Tokugawa shogunate in Japan. I could feel the history of America in this place. Then, I enjoyed visiting the plimoth Plantation. We could see some actors and actress of native American. When I asked them some questions, they answered a lot. It was very interesting for students. I could absorb enough knowledge and enjoyed my East Coast trip.
Second, I really enjoyed home stay. I met my host family at commons in March. They are warm-hearted person. They talked me a lot about American culture and they asked me about Japanese culture. When I visited their house, they took us out. We went to the Manito park, St. Patrick's Day parade, a restaurant, their swimming school, and a church. They accepted me as a family. I want to continue our relationship in Extension Program when I return. I am deeply grateful to my host family.
Third, It is wonderful memory that I could study English with teachers and friends at MFWI. In February, when we went to a first class, we were very nervous but we were supported by many tender teachers. The classes were very delightful to me. MFWI classes were more interesting than MWU classes because we could speak English a lot in conversation class, we could write in English a lot in writing class and we could sing many American music in music class. In conversation class, we talked with a lot of American students. It was very special for us. We could learned about their real life, their characters. Then we could talk with a sister every week in church. She has a lot of marvelous ideas and opinion. We tried to study a lot of valuable things from her. In writing class, we wrote a blog about all kinds of subject every week. I like these blogs because we can leave a lot of great memories and we will able to see this blog in the future.
I want to use all my experiences and to broaden my experience by working. All those experiences, my trips, my classes and people will help me when I will be hard time. My marvelous experiences at MFWI will be my the most valuable treasure in my life.

Comments