Amend my study style

I like English, but I hated to study yet before I came here. I can’t understand well grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening and conversation. Japanese teachers teach English using a difficult naming for English grammar and they use Japanese a lot to teach. I always study English words by writing many times but I forget soon! I like to listen to American pop music and watch American drama and movies. I cannot understand anything, so I need to use a Japanese subtitle or translation of music lyric. I had very high stress. I changed three things about my studying English style at MFWI.

First, I read books or a newspaper every day. In Japan I mostly didn’t read Japanese books and newspapers. Of course I didn’t read English books and newspapers either. Although after I came here, I read “Little Women” in Reading class, it was easy and thrilling for me, and I read four another books. Now I read “Lorna Doons” again, because I couldn’t understand some words once. If I finish reading the book, I want to read “twilight”. I recommend it to Anna! It is very thick and hard for me, but I want to try it. In the same way, I looked at the newspaper’s one topic main point for Kathy. It was interesting for the first time in my life. We make a book club groups with Kana, Haruka, Mei, Yuki, Aika and me. I want to keep reading many English books and newspapers!

Next, I try to speak English with RAs, teachers and children! It is important for me, but I was afraid of mistakes. I don’t well English grammar, but my teachers said me “Don’t worry about mistake! You can try speaking English!!” I sometimes tried my teachers office hour alone. It is difficult to speak English in Japan, but I want to English fluent speaker. I try to speak at MWU English teacher!!

Finally, I watch many American movies and drama show and, listen to American jokes and music. First, I used a subtitle the movie, but I found I didn’t listen to them. Just reading the subtitle! I don’t use it so I cannot grasp. For example now every day I watch “Prison Break”. First, I listen to its half story. Next I write the subtitle. And then, I check words which can’t understand. Finally I watch it again! Recently, I substantially understand them. I want to more listen and I study them!

Surely, I cannot comprehend all and I didn’t know much them. In MFWI classes triggered me to study more English! I want to try to study English more to more.

Comments