
I had a very precious time on February 23rd at
Sunrise Elementary School with my class members meeting our pen pals. I was looking forward to seeing the children but I felt nervous a little . I think our class members were looking forward to seeing too. I prepared some Japanese food, Japanese toys and Japanese money for the children, for example, okaki, konpeito, kendama, kamifusen and so on. I and my class member Aika sat down with four nice elementary school student. I felt so happy when I met the children because they are very powerful, cute and kind. First, we introduced ourselves to each other and one of the children gave me a cute present. I was very surprised and happy. Next, I wrote the children's names in katakana on paper. Then, the children are very interested in katakana and so happy. We were very excited when we played with the kendama or kamifusen. Then, when I showed some Japanese money to the children, they were very interested. There was a very funny but sad thing. I sometimes did not understand what the children said and in addition, I couldn't tell them what I wanted to say. Finally, we had a lunch together. The lunch was very delicious because I think I could eat with powerful children. I was so tired but I felt so fantastic and I learned many things from this special experience. We became pen pals the next day. I'm looking forward to receiving their letter and meeting my pen pal again.
Comments