
I was very excited on Tuesday because I had a good time at
Sunrise elementary school with the pen pals. I met and played with the pen pals. I love children! The school was beautiful and big! The classes were not too big and there were separated from each other. The class room surrounded the library. It was good idea because many students go to library without constraint. Yuki and I played with Tallon, Cate, Makenzi, and Nathan. They were in the fourth grade, and very cute and active!! My tension was high from the beginning. They said that they wanted us to write their name in kanji at first. I was very surprised but they knew a few Japanese words. I played the futari ayatori with Cate who has good sense. We taught them how to make a shuriken by origami, but it was very difficult for them. If we meet American children the next chance, I will teach easy things to them. We looked at school lunch situation. In Japan, we always have school lunch. Sack lunch days are a few, only field day. For lunch, we had seaweed which was popular most of them. I was taught they called Japanese nori is seaweed not laver! Many children came to me to receive it, but almost all the children felt it had bad taste or some children come back home together with it. Why did almost all students not eat? Incredible!! I had very sad thing, I did not understand them American jokes. Sometimes I understood them, but usually I couldn’t, then he said “OK, OK” and knit his eyebrows. I thought to need study more English!! I want to understand to them speak English when I meet them next May. I had a very good time to meet them! I’m looking forward to seeing them again!
Comments