On March 12, I experienced a happy day with my host family. I was waiting my hast family with my friends in front of the dormitory. I was bubbling with expectation when my host mother came. There were two sisters and a mother in the car. I greeted them and stepped on the car. I sat next to my host sister Ellen. She is a very cheerful girl. She had a paper of Japanese greetings and she ask me how to say hallo and so on. We talked about our school. She is going to Sunrise Elementary School. I told her that I had gone to your school so she was very surprised. I showed her my pictures and she said that I know this teacher. I was very enjoyable. We arrived the house and my host father Tim and my host brother Daniel greeted us with a smile. Daniel is just 3 years old. First, Daniel guided us in to the house. Our room is very beautiful and warm so I liked it. Then, Ellen played the piano for me. She could play the piano very well. I can play only one music so I thought that she was a good pianist. Rachel could play the flute. Their music set my mind at ease. Next, we ate dinner and talked about our family and friends. I learned something of my host family a little. I was so happy. Afterwards, we played game and did origami. I, Rachel and Ellen like origami so we made a lot of things. Daniel likes to play with some small cars. I like talking with my host family so I was super happy. On this day, I lived a full life!
I enjoyed Saturday with them. We got up at 7 am and ate breakfast at 8 am. We wore some green clothes and went to the St. Patrick Day parade by bus. Tim put on a green funny hat so I was very amused. We ate lunch before the Patrick Day parade. The hamburger was too big for me. Then, the Patrick Day parade started. I took a lot of pictures. The people in the parade wore many green clothes. We wore the green clothes, too. Next, we came at home and we were very tired so we rested. Afterwards, we planted some flower and some herb. This was Sheryl's idea. It was fun. Then, I played with 3 children outside. We played badminton. They were very cheerful so I was a little tired. We talked about Japanese culture after dinner. They were very interested about Japanese culture so they asked me many things and I told them about Japanese food, temple, Buddhism, and so on. This time was very delightful.
I delighted Sunday with them also. I got up at 8 am and I ate breakfast at 9 am. This day, we went to a church by the car. There were a lot of people in the church. The church had a simple decor. After praying, I went to the class with Ellen. We learned about love in the class. It was very difficult for me but it was very interesting. Next, I went to another class with Rachel. There were a lot of girls in the room. They sang a welcome song for me so I was very happy. After finishing the class, we came back home and did origami with Rachel and Ellen and played tag with Daniel. Afterward, I made lasagna with Sheryl and Daniel. Daniel is always Sheryl's little assistant. Sheryl was a good cook. I thought that I want to learn more American food from her. Then, we ate lasagna together. It was very delicious. When I go back to Japan, I want to make lasagna again. After dinner, we watched a movie and talked a lot. We took some pictures. The pictures will give me a lot of memorises and be my treasure. I felt like I didn't want to go back to our dormitory. When we left the home, I was hugged by Daniel and I cried for joy. I said see you again, and stepped in the car. Sheryl, Rachel, Ellen, my friend, and I left for MFWI campus. In the car, we talked a little. We arrived our dormitory and They hugged me and said good bye. I thought that I was happy to meet them. Homestay will be my best great memory. I am really happy to meet my gentle host family. I'm looking forward to seeing them again!
Comments