Memorable Days

I had a valuable experience this weekend with home stay with my roommate Suzuko. My host family is Mr. and Mrs. Dennis and Anne Brueggemann who live in Idaho. We couldn’t meet Dennis because he went business trip on a Panama. It was just Anne and us. I was shocked, however, I was enjoyed a nice weekend. First, we went to their house in Idaho. I was moved. Their house is very cute and fashionable both inside and outside, so I came to like it soon! Then, we helped her to cook dinner that was a new recipe which she devised. This dinner was exceedingly delicious for me. She is good at contriving new recipe or interior design, so I thought she has a refined sense of taste.

The next day, we went to Home & Garden Show. This show was held for people that are interested in gardening and renovations. I wasn’t interested in this so much, but it was an interesting and enjoyable show for me, too. After that, we watched an Irish parade because it was the Saint Patrick's Day this day. Everybody wore pretty green costume. I wanted to join this lovely parade because my favorite color is green. I thought we went a nice timing, and had a nice time. After coming back home, we made okonomiyaki and croquette this night. Suzuko and I taught her how to cook them. She was overjoyed, so we were very delighted. Then we gave some Japanese souvenirs to her, a kaleidoscope, two crepe paper’s bookmarks and three round fans. She adorned the room with these and was pleased with these.

The next morning, we went hiking around the Coeur d’ Alene Lake. This lake is very big, and the view from hill was very splendid and beautiful! I was surprised and so impressed. Moreover, it was a fine day, so it was the optimum whether for hiking. This lake is one of my favorite places. I wanted to come and swim here in summer. Finally, Mrs. Anne took us to the Valley Mall in Spokane. It was a nice big mall. I bought two bears at the mall. The shop where we visited can make the original bear. I bought it as a present for my best friend. Then, we were taking and back by her to our dormitory. I will miss her, but we promised to meet again. I’m looking forward to seeing her and Mr. Dennis soon. I spent splendid days, and this weekend was my precious treasure.

Comments