I had a cheerful weekend with Saki and the Noll Family! On Friday, they came to my dormitory by car to pick us up. We went downtown to Rocky Rococo. We ate Mozzarella cheese and BBQ chicken. It was very very delicious. I want to go again to that restaurant and tell my friends about it! After we finished dinner, we went to Value Village. It is used cloth shop. I had never been to such kind shop, because my father doesn’t like them. If I bought a book in used shop, he will buy new book for me. I don’t like this store at first, but I discovered a clean cute bag! I was very happy to buy it. After shopping, we went to my host family’s house. Their house was shoes off house! I was very surprised, because it was same in Japan. Saki, I and host daughter Sabina talked about Japanese culture, Sabina’s collections and my family at night. Her collections were so great! For example, her collections were around the world coins and antique furniture. She showed me one doll coin it was big size. I was surprised at her antique furniture. It was an old record and an old letter mail boxes. It was very interesting and cute. On Saturday, we had a very astonishing day. In the morning, we went by car to drink a coffee at the Davenport Hotel. Rick was riding on his bicycle in front of the car. I don’t see such a thing in Japan. It was fascinating because when he turned left, he roses the left hand! My host father’s friend works as security guard at the Davenport Hotel, so he told us its history and we looked many rooms. It was so gorgeous, beautiful and good story was “Will you marry me?” It is very romantic! Next, we ate and then to saw the St. Patrick’s Day parade. In Japan, there are no such parades, so it was very enjoyable. The car Saki and I rode was not use in the parade car, because police ask us a question “Are you exchange students? If you want to ride, could I take a picture! ” We are very surprised, and we met a kindly man and we are so fortunate. On the other side, we rode on the carrousel. It was so fast! I rode to catch many rings, but I couldn’t mean it. Finally my host mother, Judy said “Oh! The rings were thrown to the mark on the road!” I was very shocked, but it was fascinating for me! In the Evening, we went to dance the Contra Dance. It was folk-style dance, and two people became pair and played two lines. Judy played a musical instrument called the fiddle on the stage with guitarist, mandolin players and barrel with rope and wood player. We played about for three hour, so very hard and joyful! We played barrel with rope and wood too. Rick said “Can you recommend this dance in Japan?” I answered “Yes, I want to, but Japanese people are very very shy. Our culture doesn’t eye contact. We want to believe it very difficult! ” If we can play it in Japan, it would be more fun!!
On Sunday morning, we went to church near Sabina’s high school. Judy and some people wore a purple robe and sang a song every Sunday! Praying in to see people pray in church was surprising for me. Then we went back to the house. They held a small party! Rick did a card magic, but I found out the card trick twice. His face was shocked and astonished! I was a great girl! We played American UNO. It was difficult rules in Japan, but it was very quick and easy to lean. The rules were fun! I will tell and play it with my friends. After playing, we ate BBQ and ice cream. It was interesting beef taste. We had a very very good time with them. I want to have home stay again!
Comments