Fantastic Thanksgiving Weekend

I experienced Thanksgiving Day first time. The weekend was very exciting.

I had a wonderful time at my host family’s house. My roommate and I went to their house on Thursday with new roommates. Then, we pealed a lot of potatoes. We wash potatoes before pealing in Japan, but host mother didn’t wash potatoes. We were surprised. However, that is not having any problem. We thought that is custom. After that, we didn’t need to help host mother because their friends came so we played some games. We learned how to play some American games. This Thanksgiving party started about 2 o’clock. While eating, we talked a lot about anything. I was shocked at the first home stay because I could not talk a lot with host family so this home stay weekend was very good. One of the host father’s friend, he is an actor. He act 16 characters on Lion King. He and his family move to place to place 20 years for Lion King show. I am not going to go to watch Lion King show but his story was depressing. He is very cool because he has own goal. After eating, we played band game. My roommate was good at playing a guitar. We really enjoyed that time.

I went to Shadle Center to buy special food with my friends on Saturday. I didn’t go shopping on Friday because I thought there are many people in shopping moles on Black Friday. However, I heard to my friends, there are not many people. It was normal and those are regular prices. I wanted to buy some souvenirs for my friends and I heard that Shadle Center have special cakes. I saw those that look good but that was very big. That size was for family so I didn’t buy it. However, I am lucky because my favorite chocolate were almost half price! I surely bought it. I found cute letter sets for thanks card but there is not letter set so I should find it other stores. In conclusion, I bought some snacks for my friends and special price chocolate, I couldn’t find letter set but I can enjoy chocolate. That was lucky day!

I could learn about traditional Thanksgiving Day and how the after that day. People looks very happy and excited. I like Thanksgiving Day.

Comments