
I met my pen pal in the writing class on May 8. We did some enjoyable activities with each of children. Some Mukogawa students dressed children up in yukatas, some students did out side activities, some students did origami, and my group did inside games like playing with tops, otedamas, kenndamas card game and so on. When children came to do these activities, they looked very excited and curious. I taught some students how to do the top, but it seemed little difficult for them. I also tried to spin the top myself, and I could do it successful. Children saw the spinning top, and they seemed surprised. Many children were interested in kendamas, and taketonbos that made from bamboo and it looks like a propeller of helicopter. They tried again and again. They seemed really like them, and one girl said "I want to take it to my home." Although I was little tired because children were really active, I was grad because children were really delighted.

After these fun activities, everyone ate lunch with our each pen pal outside on the grass. It was really a clear day, so I felt very comfortable. My pen pal is a boy whose name is Bready. I was worried about meet him because even though I wrote a lot, he wrote a only few things in his letters, however, when I asked him some questions on that day he talk a lot so I was glad, although he was shy. We talked about my East coast trip, home stay, and about Japan. He said he never eaten Japanese food, and I gave him some Japanese snacks, some rice crackers, some candies and some chocolates. He ate the rice cracker and he said he liked it. After lunch, children began to play. They ran around on the grass and they were full of vitality. The fun lunch time passed soon and I really enjoyed the time.
I had a wonderful time with cheerful children. I exchanged e-mail address with my pen pal, so I am going to send e-mails to him. The letters from my pen pal and this meeting with them are my treasures.
Comments