I had opportunities to meet some elementary school students last Wednesday and Friday. I was looking forward very much to meeting them because I think children are very cute and interesting to talk and play with. They were maybe 8 to 10 years old. Before they came to MFWI, our class planed what to do with the children. It was difficult because American children have different hobbies and culture from Japanese children. This opportunity was a good chance to learn about American children, and we had a great time with them.
On Wednesday, the children came to MFWI at about 10:30. There were 18 children who came to our class room. First, we sang a song to the children. The song name was Koinobori. It is a Japanese traditional song, and we usually sing the song for the Boy's Festival on May 5th in Japan. After we sang, we separated into some groups and taught the song to children. My group had two boys, and they were very cute and cheerful! We not only taught the song, we also translated the song into English for them. Then we talked about Japanese animation. They loved Pokemon, so we talked about this for 15 minutes! We also did origami and we made stars. After 30 minutes, we went outside to look at the Koinobori on the campus. When the children found the Koinobori, they ran quickly there. They were very excited and tried to catch the Koinobori. It was the heartwarming sight for me. After that, we took pictures and we said good-by to each other. We had a very interesting time with them, so I was very thrilled.
On Friday, children from another school came to MFWI at noon. There were so many people came here. First, we separated into some groups. In my group, there were 5 MFWI students and 4 elementary school students. They were all boys. We introduced ourselves to each other, and we did origami and we made cameras, stars, pikachuu, and so on. After 45 minutes, we went outside to play games. We decided to play tag because they were all boys in my group, so we thought they want to be more active. The boys ran very fast, so we desperately escaped from them and chased them around the glass. It was very tiring, but it was very interesting. We were very excited, and we could get along with them.
It was very interesting and exciting for me to play with children. The smile of the children make me happy and healing, so I wanted to be with the children longer. Actually, we are going to meet children from other school on Friday this week. It also means I can meet my pen pals. I'm looking forward very much to seeing them. I want to have fun. I love children.
It was very interesting and exciting for me to play with children. The smile of the children make me happy and healing, so I wanted to be with the children longer. Actually, we are going to meet children from other school on Friday this week. It also means I can meet my pen pals. I'm looking forward very much to seeing them. I want to have fun. I love children.
Comments