Enjoyable time with girls☆

I joined the Japanese Cultural Center volunteers of calligraphy in March 2nd. This volunteer had for 1 hour. It was 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Calligraphy is shodo in Japanese.There were six girls at JCC. They were elementary school students. They were cheerful and cute.

First, my friend and I taught a girl how to do calligraphy. Her name was Jillian. She liked dancing, so we taught how to write a dance in katakana of Japanese. I was a beginner to practice a calligraphy, and my friend wrote the model of the word. My friend wrote the word Japanese clear writing. After that, We taught them how to write "I love my teacher" in katakana. It looked difficult for her to write the long sentence. However, She was good writing. For a learner, Jillian was good at calligraphy. She looked very happy, and we were very happy too.

Second, the six girls and us played with paper balloon. Before the volunteering, six girls had been a origami volunteer there. They made the paper balloon on that time. We enjoyed playing with it.

Finally, we took a picture with them. The picture became one of my memory picture. We had a enjoyable time with them. I want to be a JCC volunteer again. I want to contact with many children. It was good experience for me.

Comments