Memorable Places in U.S. History for Me

In the East Coast, we can see many places which were related to American history very deeply.  Boston, Massachusetts, Washington D.C., these are famous places which I visited. I went there as a school trip to study American culture and history at the beginning of April. It was my first time to visit to east coast. I was amazed a lot by some famous memorials and cemetery. I was especially inspired by Lincoln memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery.

Firstly, my short visit to Lincoln Memorial was moving. It was built to praise Abraham Lincoln’s remarkable works. He devoted his life to making American society better. He was the 16th of president during The Civil War and he is one of the greatest presidents in American history. When I saw the memorial, I felt strong emotion in my heart. I could easily imagine how he was loved by many people and still alive in their mind. One reason that I really liked visiting there was a movie I saw about Lincoln when I was little. I had small TV so I never expected how big it is. Furthermore I am interested in studying The Emancipation Proclamation. Even it wasn’t working smoothly I think it is one of the biggest progress to freedom of slavery. Thus, I was amazed by it greatly.

Moreover,visiting Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial also impressed me. He delivered his famous speech “I have a dream” in front of The Lincoln Memorial. Dr. King’s memorial is located near the Lincoln Memorial so I saw both memorials in a day. It was bigger than I expected. Cherry blossoms were blooming, it was beautiful but his memorial looks solemn. He was dedicated to fighting against discrimination. Even though he endured dangerous situations, he never gave up taking action. That’s why I admire him. Therefore I learned how difficult it was for him to follow his ambitions to fight for all of the people.

Lastly, I was astonished to visit Arlington National Cemetery because it is also important place in American history. I saw a remarkable number of soldiers graves. You can see the graves of John F Kennedy and other famous people. In front of  John F Kennedy’s grave, we have to keep quiet to show our respect. Sadly he was assassinated and I felt sadness for this when I saw the eternal flame. Thanks to this place, it reminds us what happened in the past through American history.

In summary, even though time has passed, these places remind us to think about what happened. Lincoln Memorial and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial are telling me the remarkable things they have done. From Arlington National Cemetery, I feel the reality of America’s important history. I realized the importance of studying history of each country. This is because I was inspired these places to me.


Comments