Great places on the East Coast


From April 8th to 13th,  , we, MFWI (Mukogawa Fort Wright Institute)students traveled the East Coast with some tour guides and teachers for a school trip, By the way, most students in MFWI are from Japan, and we came to America for studying abroad. Places we visited are mostly Boston and Washington, because there has a long distance between these two places, we traveled by many kinds of transportation such as a bus, a train and an airplane. The purpose of this trip is to learn about American culture. Actually, I learned lots of things from Boston and Washington D.C. What I became interested are Plymouth, Quincy Market, and the Capitol in the U.S.I hope you will become interested in these places. I would like to share what I learned from these places we visited and how I felt. 


Mysterious Plymouth rock
First I will introduce about Plymouth. There is the first place we visited during East Coast trip, there is a big ocean and a small rock which is called Plymouth rock. According to our tour guide, Plymouth is the first place Piligrims came for many reasons in 1620. That’s why 1620 is written on Plymouth Rock. Unfortunately, due to a maintenance, we couldn’t see Mayflower which is a ship Piligrims had ridden on, but I felt excited that I stood at the place relates to a beginning of American history.


Delicious lobster roll
Second, what I want to introduce is QuincyMarket. There is located in the middle of Boston and used to be the Town Hall, these days, there is famous for having many kinds of unique gifts and souvenir of Boston, and also famous for a lobster and clam chowder. I really enjoyed them. While we were eating a lobster for lunch, some street performers were performing. I became interested in them, because we rarely have street performers in Japan, and the atmosphere is different from Japan. There is livelier than Japanese market. If you visited Quincy Market, I want you enjoy food, shopping, street performances and the atmosphere.


Third, I’d like to talk about the Capitol in the U.S. Do you know about the Capitol?  That is a building which people elected by citizen, like representatives and senators work at, and they make the laws of United States. The building has beautiful shape, sculptures, paintings, and has a statue called freedom on the top of the building. When I saw the Capitol my first impression was “huge! beautiful!”, and I felt jealous that people can work at such a huge beautiful building.


Beautiful capitol
To sum up, I was able to learn a lot from East Coast trip and know about the places I introduced, like Plymouth, Quincy Market, and the Capitol in the U.S. I hope you will become interested in these places, and I want you to remind you of these things when you visited the places.
 


Comments