Our Historical and Dynamic East Coast Trip

East coast is very important place for American history. There are main two places, Boston and Washington, D. C. In Boston area, in 1600s, many puritans came to new world to get freedom of religion. And, many people who want to be rich and have own land came here, too. Washington, D. C. is the capital of the United States of America. There are very significant buildings of the government. TG1 students including me went to those two places as a trip from April third to eight. I got many impressions and really enjoyed three places, Lexington and Concord, Library of Congress , and Smithsonian Museums.

First, the places that amazed me were Lexington and Concord, where some fights happened. On day two, we were off to Lexington Green where the first fight of the war of independence took. I had been wanting to visit here since I got interested in American history. On setting foot on the place, I could imagine the real fight. I felt like I was one of the members of the Minutemen. I wondered how they had felt when Redcoats had come. It must have been scared. It was a good chance to think about those all fights as not one of the events, as human being things. Therefore, the Old North Bridge was the place which Minutemen hid their weapons in. After the fight on Lexington Green, Redcoats ahead to Concord to take those staffs away. There were already 400 Minutemen. It must have made redcoats surprised. Furthermore, Minutemen won this battle. It was very great. Was not it? The bridge was bigger than I expected. There was a statue of Minuteman near the statue. I thought that his face told me how Minutemen were brave. Both places are very historical.
Brave Minuteman

Next, I really enjoyed looking around inside of Library of Congress on day five. Library of congress is the largest library in the world and is for congress to getting knowledges. Now, American people who are over 18 years old and have a passport of it can use it. However, it is not allowed to borrow books, just read them in it. Inside of it was just beautiful. I cannot believe that it was established in 1800. And it opened its doors to the public in 1897. The design look like Roman one. There are more millions of books. I wish I could study using those books at such an amazing library. I am glad to visit there.
Beautiful inside of the Library of Congress 

Lastly, The Smithsonian Museums were huge and bigger than I thought, where my friends and I went to on day six. We had three hours’ free time to look museums which we were interested in. We went to two museums, the National Museum of Natural History and National Air and Space Museum. For me, I did enjoy at National Air and Space Museum. Because I like airplanes and I had been wanting to be a cabin attendant for such a long time. And when I was little child, I wanted to be an astronaut. That is why I was looking forward to visiting there. At there, we can know about Apollo 10 that went to the moon. Therefore, we can touch the stone of the moon. It did not look like a stone. However, it is. About airplanes, there are two ways to use airplanes. One is to go to many places like I came to the United States of America and to transport stuffs to other places. The other one is to fight, kill people. During the world war 1 and 2, there were many great airplanes. For instance, Japanese airplane called Zero fighter plane. In museum, there are some replicas of those things. we can learn those things, too. Now I think I will not be a cabin attendant. Even so, I still like airplanes knowing both histories. It was a valuable time for me to visit both museums and know about that deeply.

In conclusion, the places where we went were worth visiting. Lexington and Concord were very historical. And Library of Congress shows that how America grown up. The museums show the latest technologies. I learned through our eyes. If I have a chance, I would like to visit to the East Coast again.

Comments