Invaluable Experience on East Coast Trip

 On the early morning of April 4th, I was excited to leave Spokane for East Coast Trip which I had longed for since Seattle trip was over. Compared with the last trip, this trip was long term and more historical travel. We visited Boston and Washington D.C. for six days. Then, we saw many places related to independence in the past America such as, memorial, renowned person’s house, and museum. The weather in Boston was bad while we were there, whereas it was really fine in Washington D.C. Thanks to the spring weather, I fully felt the beauty of city. Particularly, Quincy Market, the Smithsonian, and the Lincoln Memorial were impressive to me.

Delicious Lunch
One of the exciting places that I toured is Quincy Market located in Boston. Although it was badly rainy all that day, I enjoyed eating and shopping there. First of all, I ordered a lobster roll with clam chowder for my lunch so I’d already known that their foods were popular in Boston beforehand. The lunch was very nice. I was pretty satisfied with it.  As it is possible to eat such delicious foods because of a city has ports, I really recommend to eat these combination; lobster roll and clam chowder. And then, this market has not only shop for foods but also a lot of small gift shops. I found an interesting tea imitated Boston Tea Party which is historical accident in the past. At this market, I could experience crowded but cheerful atmosphere of Boston in limited hours. It was quite enjoyable time to me.

On the day 5, we visited wonderful Smithsonian Institution. Surprisingly, the fee to enter every museum is free of charge although we can see many valuable exhibits. The part of an area in Smithsonian called the National Mall consists of spacious grass area and eleven museums. These museums were so large that it was not enough to see all museums in three hours. At the Air and Space museum, I found NASA’s spacecraft and airplanes during war in the past. It was impressive because I could see items related to American history there. In fact, I saw two kinds of parades in front of museums fortunately. They were for a Cherry Blossom Festival and an Emancipation Festival. That’s why it was crowded and busy in that area. Our travel group was very lucky as it must have been more lively than usual. It was fun to spend time at this amazing place.
Lovely Parade at Smithsonian

Finally, I really recommend to go to the renowned Lincoln Memorial. Before visiting there, I have already known his statue because it was famous in Japan and I’ve seen it on TV and books. Therefore, I looked forward to visiting there when it came out that this place was included in my tour plan. Seemingly, I cannot find him sitting inside of white magnificent palace. However, he clearly appeared in front of me when I walked up stairs. It was larger than that I’ve expected ever, and had a big impact. Additionally, there is one thing I’d like to tell about this place. It was a beautiful view from the top of stairs in the Lincoln memorial. When I saw it, I really paused just a moment because I felt like it had shown me the whole of Washington D.C. I could find out my position in that city because I could see the Washington monument I'd seen at the Smithsonian straightly. I felt as if everything that existed there were connected each other. Therefore, this memorial was the very place which was my favorite.
Moving View from Lincoln Memorial

In conclusion, this trip was really invaluable to me. I studied a lot about American history in advance at MFWI, it helped me learn it deeply and review my knowledge there. We visited a lot of places during this trip. Every place we visited was impressive, and every landscape was fascinating. Especially, I was caught by Quincy Market, the Smithsonian, and the Lincoln memorial. I’m sure that I got enough knowledge about American history. I really enjoyed this week and it is the best memory in the U.S. I could experience precious tour and learn about America more. I’d like to tell thanks toward my teachers, guides, and all people supported our trip. 

Comments