Blissful Trip to the East Coast

The event that I was most looking forward to in this four-month-program, was East Coast Trip. I went on the trip from April 3rd to 8th with Travel Group One. The trip’s purpose was to learn American history and have a lot of unique experiences on the East Coast, mainly around Boston and Washington D.C. It took us about 12 hours to get there from Spokane to Boston by plane. We also used Amtrak to go to Washington D.C. from Boston. During this exciting trip, we visited an array of historical and beautiful places. There are especially three parts I think were fascinating during the 6 days, which were Quincy Market, Amtrak and the Smithsonian Institution.


Tasty Lobster Roll at Quincy Market
I found Quincy Market was a very enjoyable place, even though I did not expect it to be a fascinating place. We got there around noon when the market started to be busy, which was good because I could fully enjoy the atmosphere of the market. One of the many things I like about Quincy Market is that they do not have only a market but also some shops that I always go to. Not to mention, I spent a lot of money buying cosmetics and delicious food. I had a lobster roll for lunch, which was one of the most delicious rolls I’d ever tasted. Quincy Market was the place where I had a very good time both shopping and eating.


Next thing I think was amazing was Amtrak. It was the only time when we had nothing to do but relax and relish. The duration of the trip was about eight hours from Boston to Washington D.C. Since we had everyday with a packed schedule, those free eight hours were very precious and the only time we could chill. I especially enjoyed three things on Amtrak. First of all, it was sleeping, because the seat was comfortable and easy to get me fall asleep. Second, the topography was very interesting. Although the weather was not very nice, I could see how each city has its own atmosphere and culture through the window. Also it was a good time to read a book. In fact, I finished one book during the journey. I would say Amtrak was a very relaxing but also an exciting way of transportation, especially when it comes to a long distance.


Another place I really liked was the Smithsonian Institution. That day, the weather was perfect. It was not just the museums that was great but the weather and how lively the people around the Institute was as well. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to go all of the museums, however, I found the institute very enthralling. It has many museums, galleries and parks, which made the cheerful atmosphere around the town. Inside of the museums were a lot of people and exhibits. I could have spent hours in each one of the museums because all the exhibit were very impressive. I truly enjoyed how the Smithsonian Institution had the atmosphere that made people excited and, of course, the amazing museums.


At the Fascinating Air and Space Museum
Iconic Exhibit in the Smithsonian Museum
Overall, I liked every bit of East Coast Trip a lot, but those three places; Quincy Market, Amtrak and the Smithsonian Institution were my favourites. I would recommend those places if going, because they all made me feel blissful.

Comments