Same but different Seattle trip
I really enjoyed staying in Seattle on March 10th to 12th with half of Mukogawa students. I had been very excited about this trip even before I left Japan, because I like traveling very much. We went there by bus and it took us several hours to get there. I have been to Seattle few times before but I liked this time of trip much better than I expected. This trip reminded me of my old memories a lot, especially by three points.
There were a lot of things that brought back me of old times from the very beginning. I felt our five hours of road trip was not that long. I think that is because the view from the bus window had changed all the time and the scenes brought back my memories. Also, there was a tour guide lady, whose name was Laurie giving us a lot of interesting informations about Seattle. Everything about Seattle and Tacoma were interesting to me, I think it is because I’ve been there before and I liked it so much then.
The hugeness of the Columbia river made me think that I am in the US right now. We went there as our first place to visit. Laurie told us that it is the second biggest river in the US. I was surprised how big it was when I first watched it. It was like a lake, really. Next, we visited Safeco Field, which is one of the most famous baseball stadium in the world. I only saw the stadium from the car and couldn't get into the stadium the last time. My host father looked proud of the huge stadium when he told me about it. I had regretted that I couldn’t, but we could get into not only on the field but also the inside, player’s backroom this time! I am not even a fan of baseball or Mariners, but I got really excited. I know I am greedy, but I wish we could have watched the real games there. Overall, however, this place still recalled my old experiences.
Pike Place Market reminded me of my old memories because I visited there was the time when I studied abroad for the very first time and I had remembered the old times and my old feelings. It was the place which I had been looking forward to visiting again. I couldn’t get into the original Starbucks at that time because there were crowded. I bought an original brown tumblr for my mother. I hope she will like it. The only thing I regret is that we couldn’t get salmon there. After waiting in long a line for the Starbucks, it was getting late so that the market was closed. I was very impressed the night view from the bus seat. It was really, really pretty. It brought me back to fifteen year old myself who went there for the very first time.
In summary, this trip made me think that I’d like to come back to Seattle again. I think I will. People will remember the places that they liked very much again some time in their future. Those places remind people of their old memories and old feeling feelings which are very special to themselves. I felt really lucky to go back such places.
Comments