Valuable Time During East Coast Trip

I went to the East Coast Trip for a week with the same group of students to learn American culture and history. I had been looking forward to going to Boston and Washington D.C, because that was my first visit. Before going to that trip, I had studied the places which I visited as a part of American studies class, so my heart swelled with hope. I experienced a lot of valuable things on this trip, there are two things that are especially valuable experiences to me.

Thomas Jefferson Memorial
First of all, one of the valuable experiences to me is Plimoth Plantation, where we visited on the second day of the trip. It is a copy of a Pilgrim village from the year 1627, and I could see and talked to the actors playing the parts of people who lived there long ago. I was very surprised that it was reproduced faithfully. People raised cows, food and flowers. I asked the woman who was watering the crops of a question. I asked how often they plant crops. She answered that they plant them once a year, especially in spring. The actors answered my questions in detail as if they were real pilgrims. I felt I was slipping back into the period when Pilgrims lived.

A second valuable experience I had was visiting Orchard House. This is the home of Louisa May Alcott who was famous for writing Little Women. I read Little Women and watched the movie, so I compared the difference between the Little Women book and Alcott family in the house. I could imagine how they lived and what they wanted to do. The tour guide told us the story which is not in the book.  For example, Daniel Chester who was a student of May Alcott, was influenced by the statue of John Harvard and Lincoln Memorial and the  Minutemen statue in Lexington. If this had not happened  this statues might not have been made. The Alcott family had influenced not only books but also people.

In summary, I could experience valuable things on this trip. By visiting Boston and Washington D.C, I was encouraged to study American history. I thought I want to know about America more and more and it was meaningful thing that we visited places by walking with our own feet. This trip became unforgettable and best memory for me. I want to make use of this experience in my life from now on.

Comments