On April 7, I left MFWI campus
early in the morning and trip on the East Coast trip. I stayed in Boston and
Washington D.C. for six days with my tour members and our teacher, Ron. This
trip was MFWI’s one of educational programs, and my first trip to the East
Coast, so I really enjoy everything that I experienced there. I’ll tell you
about four places I especially enjoyed on this trip.
First, Plymouth Plantation was quite interesting place. Plymouth Plantation is called
“a living museum” because there are people dressed up as Pilgrims who came to
America from England about 400 years ago. They were making meals, fixing
fences, growing vegetables, and talking with visitors. After walking around the
village, I had a Thanksgiving Day meal for lunch. I ate turkey, stuffing,
squash, and cranberry sauce. The turkey was very tender and I put cranberry
sauce on it. I could enjoy eating traditional Thanksgiving dishes and actually
seeing the life of pilgrims.
Second, Arlington National Cemetery was really nice place. The contrast between the hundreds of thousands of white gravestones and the bright green lawn was beautiful. John. F. Kennedy visited this cemetery just ten days before he was killed, and he said “What a beautiful place! I could stay here forever.” Now, he and his wife, brothers and sisters sleep here. The size of this cemetery is two hundred hectares. I heard that I can see the change of the guards at the Tomb of the unknown soldiers, but I didn’t go there this time. I enjoyed visiting this cemetery.
Third, Lincoln Memorial was impressive place. The memorial was like a Greek shrine and the name of states were carved near the top of it. Additionally, the middle of the stairs, there was the words, “I HAVE A DREAM.” It indicated that Martin L. King Jr made his famous speech “I have a dream” there. The Lincoln statue was very huge. I had seen this place only in a movie, so I was moved to see the statue with my own eyes.
| Thanksgiving Day meal |
Second, Arlington National Cemetery was really nice place. The contrast between the hundreds of thousands of white gravestones and the bright green lawn was beautiful. John. F. Kennedy visited this cemetery just ten days before he was killed, and he said “What a beautiful place! I could stay here forever.” Now, he and his wife, brothers and sisters sleep here. The size of this cemetery is two hundred hectares. I heard that I can see the change of the guards at the Tomb of the unknown soldiers, but I didn’t go there this time. I enjoyed visiting this cemetery.
Third, Lincoln Memorial was impressive place. The memorial was like a Greek shrine and the name of states were carved near the top of it. Additionally, the middle of the stairs, there was the words, “I HAVE A DREAM.” It indicated that Martin L. King Jr made his famous speech “I have a dream” there. The Lincoln statue was very huge. I had seen this place only in a movie, so I was moved to see the statue with my own eyes.
The size
of Lincoln memorial seemed to show how American people like him, and I like the
sight from the top of stairs of the memorial.
To sum up, there were many interesting things I experienced and I had a great time on this trip. I could see various historical, famous, or popular places on the East Coast. However, six days were too short to learn all the I wanted see hear, and touched. I hope to visit there again by myself someday.
To sum up, there were many interesting things I experienced and I had a great time on this trip. I could see various historical, famous, or popular places on the East Coast. However, six days were too short to learn all the I wanted see hear, and touched. I hope to visit there again by myself someday.
Comments