From March 25th to 27th,
Friday to Sunday, I and my roommate had homestay. It was my first time to go to
homestay in my life. It was really amazing!! I enjoyed lots of things with my
host mother and two her grandchildren. My host mother lives in Spokane, and it
is so far from MFWI. Two things were wonderful about my homestay.
![]() |
| Her Pretty Granddaughter |
First, my host mother has lots of very nice
siblings and relatives. She lives alone because her mother and father died last
summer. She looks little lonely, but she has many nephews and nieces, so they
make her happier. Her granddaughter and grandson came to her house, and we
enjoyed playing with them. Her granddaughter is 6 years old, and her grandson
is 2 years old. And also, Sunday was Easter, so we joined her big family to
celebrate it. There were 30 people at this party, and half of them were
children. Some of them were girls, and they were almost same ages as me. So I
could enjoy conversation with them. The children had so much energy, and they
were very cheerful. At first, I was really nervous because of too many people,
but I enjoyed my first Easter with them. I could enjoy meeting all these
people.
![]() |
| Delicious Cupcakes |
Second, I and my roommate enjoyed cooking
with and for our host mother. We made carrot cupcakes, and they were really
tasty. It was not so difficult to make them, so I want to make them again in
Japan. The cake which is called carrot cake, but it does not have a strong
taste of carrot. Ingredients include things like coconut, pineapple, and
cinnamon. At last, we spread cream cheese on the cupcakes. And also, I and my
roommate made Chirashi-zushi for our host mother. We could make it very well,
and we ate real Japanese food after a long time. She also liked it, and she
looked so happy. I was very happy that she ate lots of our Japanese food. When
we asked her if she would like to try Miso-soup, she said she wanted to try some.
But she said us that Miso-soup is not her thing actually when she tried it the last
time. So we were little worried if she would like it or not. I was really
relieved that she liked it, and she looked so happy when she tried it. We could
enjoy it so much. We will never forget this experience with our host mother.
To sum up, there are two amazing things that
we did, Easter party and cooking. I absolutely got lots of experiences, and I
learned tons of things about this American family. I hope I can go there again
soon. And I thought I have to try to study harder more than now in order to
enjoy having conversation with my host mother and her many family members.



Comments