Great experience on the East Coast Trip


I went on East Coast Trip from April 8th to 13th. I went to Boston and Washington, D.C.
I had never been to the East Coast before. I really enjoyed all things I visited thanks to our great teacher and tour guides. I had a wonderful chance not only to speak and listen to English but also learn about to learn American history. There were three favorite places that I was really impressed on the East coast trip.

Lincoln Memorial
First, the most impressive place for me was Lincoln memorial. I learned this statue in my American studies class before I visited there. Therefore I prepared some fundamental knowledge to learn more deeply about it, and I was looking forward to visiting at Lincoln memorial. I was really excited when I stood in front of statue. At that time, I took a lot of pictures with my friends. After I took pictures, I heard our guide said Lincoln was the greatest and most loved president the U.S. I was very surprised at this information. But our tour guide told us Lincoln aimed to unify America and abolish slavery. I was impressed by his goals. And I think I want to know more deeply about Lincoln.

Smithsonian Institution
Second, the Smithsonian Institution was excellent place. I visited three museums, Air and Space Museum, Museum of National History and National Gallery of Art. Even out of those, I like a Museum of National History, because I wanted to go this museum under the influence of a movie named Night museum. It was very famous among different generation. All exhibitions were very exciting for me. Especially, I was interested two exhibitions there, dinosaurs and national gems. Displays of dinosaurs were very huge and dynamic. This exhibition affected me profoundly. After that, I could see some beautiful jewelry. It called a national gem. I felt I was drawn into a view of the world. I had great time.

Plimoth Plantation
Finally, I was excited to go to Plimoth Plantation. I could know about real life of Indians and English people. I ask four questions about their life style. Their answers were very exciting to me. For example, I asked them how they spent time. Their answer was working. It was both side. But I found different between Indians and English people. It was food. Indian side, during spring and summer, they ate fish. During fall and winter, they ate animals such as deer. Other side, English usually ate fish during all seasons. I could find many difference between Indian and English.

In short, I was impressed with three places, Lincoln Memorial, The Smithsonian Institution and Plimoth Plantation. I had wonderful opportunity on the East Coast Trip. I was really excited all things that I visited. It was my first experience go there. I want to remember what happens and my feeling at that time.




Comments