Exciting East Coast Trip


I went to the East Coast from April 9th to 14th. It was a valuable week for me. I visited many famous historical places. I like the all places that I went to. I will write about my three favorite places, they are Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Institution and the White House.  
 
Mount Vernon
First, I really enjoyed to look around Mount Vernon. It was the home of George Washington in Virginia. I was not interested in it before but I was surprised at the size of land and luxury mansion. Mount Vernon is on the Potomac River, which also runs through Washington D.C. It was very beautiful when I looked at it from the house. However, Mount Vernon is still a working plantation. One of the building that I really remember is residence of the slaves. I was little shocked. It was totally different from where George Washington lived. It looked tight to live in. George Washington did not like slavery system, but it was the style of living in those days. Mount Vernon was remained in very good condition and I could know how they lived very well. 


Smithonian Institution
Second, I appreciated the SmithsonianInstitution very much. There were huge museums and they were all free to enter. I visited Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History. There was a lot of interesting information to know. In Air and Space Museum, I could touch a Moon stone. It was nothing special. It was like a just stone that I could find anywhere. I was excited to see human origins in the Museum of Natural History. It was interesting to learn how we became a human. I wanted to visit other museums but three hours is not enough long to visit all museums. I decided to go there again someday. 



The White House
Finally, I took pleasure in seeing theWhite House. I was very glad to see it because I had only seen it on the screen. I saw both sides of the White House. I was amazed that there were two snipers on the roof and they were looking at us with their guns. I had never seen sniper in Japan, so I felt a little bit scared. However, I wanted to take a tour of the White House. My bus tour guide told me that there are 134 rooms, including a library, a clinic, a beauty salon and a bowling alley. They do not need to go out! I did not imagine how big it was. I was delighted that I could visit a very important building of the US.
 

As I have noted, I had really good experiences on my East Coast Trip. All the places were impressive to me. I did not understand American history before, but because of this opportunity, I could learn important events for America. I really enjoyed this trip!

Comments