On last Tuesday during
American studies class trip, I met a couple of students at Eastern Washington
University or EWU. And noticed, some differences between America and
Japan. One of the boys that he will be studying abroad in Japan this
April. He will study at Tokyo. He is studying computers at EWU. I didn't ask
what university he will go to and what he will study, but it was a surprising
meeting at EWU. In EWU, there are many students. And they represent more
than 190 countries all over the world. In a case like this, I could
meet a boy in Washington who will later go to Japan. That is amazing! I hope he
will experience many things in Japan. Not only did I meet someone who is
going to Japan but while I interviewed the students, I noticed three
things. First, they were very kind. Before I talked to them, they looked cool
or sullen. I was afraid of talk to them. I gathered my courage to talk, and
they smiled and answered gently. If I didn't know how to spell
something, they told me the correct spelling and a kind manner. I was relived.
And next, I noticed that most people spend time with friends
who are not in same major. I almost always spend time with my classmates,
if I have free time. So I noticed this difference from Japan. Finally, I
noticed that most people have some purpose to study at the university. In
Japan, about 55% of people go to a university after graduate from high
school. But some of them don't have any dreams for purposes for being
there. So I was surprised by this difference. In conclusion, going to EWU
was good experience for me. I could learn about, the American university and
students. I want to know about American schools more and I want to communicate
with a lot of American people.
Comments