I noticed a lot of American students are independent when it comes to money. I asked six students at Eastern Washington University, and five out of six students receive loans and pay tuition by themselves. One of them was an international student, so I thought he paid money for himself. But, he don't pay any money, because his government pays for him. Therefore, I’m excluding him because he doesn't pay for his tuition. But five of them pay their tuition by themselves. I was very surprised about that because my tuition, books, and housing are paid for by my parents. I think most Japanese students don't pay for these things by themselves. I know that some of Japanese owe their money and pay for their tuition by themselves, but only a few people do that. So, because of my visit to Eastern, I realized that many American students become independent earlier than Japanese students.
Comments