I learned four things when I started my new life in Spokane. First, when American people got off a bus, they say "Thank you” to the driver in a loud voice. In Japan, most people probably won't say "Thank you.” Or even if they said it, their voice would be quiet. Then this made me think about how American people are very honest. It was a really great thing and I was very impressed. Secondly, when I was waiting for the bus, we were said "hello” by a stranger who looks like he was a homeless. Then we ignored him and I was very scared. But I had a question. People who are traveling in the USA never give a homeless person money, because they know the situation in the USA. Although it's so, why do homeless people continue to wait to get money from someone on the street? This was an unbelievable thing for me.Third, in my new life, I learned a few things about how to use the bathroom, and the second door around toilet. For example, when I take a shower, I have to pull a lever to turn on the shower. It was a very complex thing for me to use. Because in Japan, I only have to turn a tap on to use it. And when I open the door, it was a little different from the Japanese style. In Japan, we often turn the knob in clockwise. But in my house in America, I have to turn in counterclockwise. It was very interesting. Finally, I have to pay tip at restaurant. I am not used to pay tip. Because it is not a custom in Japan. So I don't know how much I should give. It is difficult to understand culture in America. Specifically in this area, a bus custom, bath room styles and tipping at restaurants. But if I can learn to understand these things, I will be able to enjoy life more in America.
Comments