Great Effect

Scholarships in America can draw students to the university. How wonderful they are! It was my first impression, when I visited at EWU. Even though I stayed there a few hours, I could observe that students at EWU were doing homework or discussing something with their friends eagerly. During that time, I continued to interview with many students. I had many personal questions about their scholarship system, major and family, and vacations. The students must have been busy, but they accepted my questions willingly. I was very happy. After finishing the interview, I was thinking about their scholarships in my house. There are many kinds of scholarships in America the same as in Japan. And they work so hard every day to earn their school expenses because most of their parents don't pay. For me, it couldn't accept that. Because I am a student I seldom work hard every day, and my parents pay for me to go to school in Japan. This is common in Japan. Also if you question to students about scholarships in Japan, they will probably misunderstand and think it is about their family's salary. But why are we so sensitive about it? Because it is uncommon in Japan. I think this difference between Japan and America is very interesting. Also I realized there are many ways to go to university or college and that there is wide age group in America. These things may relate to a scholarships. I wanted to know more about the university in America. Also about the meaning of going to university, I felt it is a little different in America and Japan.

Comments