I knew that American people were friendly, but the very day I realized it was when I took the bus for the first time in the States. There was a couple with a baby, and a man near them. The woman who was with her baby was talking with a man next to him who seemed to be her husband. And the man near them was trying to make the baby smile, and sometimes he talked to the woman. But at one bus stop, the man next to the woman got off the bus. It was when I noticed that they were not a couple but they were just talking. And then she continued talking with the man near her in very friendly way. I couldn't believe that how friendly they were. In Japan, I've never talked with others in public transportation. I have, but just said "sorry" which means "excuse me" in English when I bumped against someone. So it was very interesting to me. Another experience in Spokane that it's not common in Japan is that clerk in America, Spokane always says "Hello, how are you doing?" when I buy something at the store. Japanese clerks never ask questions like that, so I was a bit surprised. Actually, I'm not from Osaka, so I was very surprised that people in Osaka are very friendly, so I call Osaka Japanese America. In Okayama, people are very unfriendly. You might get confused when you are shopping there. I've been in the states for just about a week, so I guess I'll notice many differences between the US and Japan during my 4 months stay.
![]() |
| @Downtown |

Comments