Wonderful Valentines Day


It has been two weeks since I came to America. I already have had a lot of experiences here, but my most unforgettable experience is Valentines Day. Valentines Day is celebrated in America on February 14th. I experienced wonderful things that I can't experience in Japan on Valentines day.


First, I enjoyed a exciting pizza party with my RA and housemates in my dormitory on the day. 
a delicious pizza!
My RA planed this
party for us. When I heard this plan, I was surprised because I have never eaten pizza on Valentines Day! In Japan, I make some sweets and give them to my friends every year. I don't eat anything special for dinner. Pizza has nothing to do with Valentines Day, so I thought that it was just like this America. In addition, I was excited when I heard about my RA's plan because I wanted to try American pizza! I expected large and spicy pizzas and my guess was right! We had 5 pizzas, and toppings were sausage, chicken and pepperoni. All of the pizzas were very large and spicy!! We consumed such delicious pizzas and enjoyed talking together. Moreover, after eating the pizzas, my RA made cookies for us in secret!! I was excited! They were very delicious! Everyone was eating them with all smiles. However, delightful things were still awaiting us.

After that, we enjoyed exchanging message cards with my RA and housemates. We made massage cards in tutorial the day before Valentines Day. 
wonderful message cards
My name was written on every cards, so it made them special. We made them at the same time, but I didn't know that everyone made such fabulous cards. They were very cute and warm. I felt happy. I give message cards to my friends or family on their Birthday and other celebratory days, but I have never given and received them on Valentines Day, so it was fresh for me! These message cards are my precious things. After the party and exchanging message cards, everyone felt happy! I think that this custom is a great idea.I think that I will want to send a message card to my family and friends on Valentines Day from now on.

Also, In classes, I was surprised that my teachers gave me chocolates and said to me, " Happy Valentines Day!! " In Japan, my teachers don't give me chocolates, so I was astonished and glad. I also learned the origin and American culture of Valentines Day. I didn't know this information, so there were a lot of things that surprised me. After classes, I visited Winnie with my roommate and gave Japanese chocolates to her. I know that she likes chocolates, and she was delighted. I discovered the big difference between America and Japan on Valentines Day. In America, Valentines Day is considered to be a special day more than in Japan. Even people whom I met on the campus said to me, " Happy Valentines Day! " I thought that Valentines day is the day everyone becomes happy!

In this way, I had a special Valentines day thanks to my RA, friends and teachers. I think that Valentines Day culture of America is better than that of Japan because it is a special and wonderful day in America. I could make a great memory. I didn't expect that Valentines Day would be such a wonderful day, so I was very impressed. When February 14th comes from now on, I will be reminded of this Valentines Day in America!

Comments