More than 3 weeks have passed since I came here. I have had astounding experiences. I have gone shopping on weekend with my friends a few times to various fascinating places, and they are usually great places to eat and shop. However I felt most uncomfortable when I bought some clothes at a clothing store at northtown last week.
While I was looking around the store, the clerk always talked to me very kindly. It was usually very comfortable for me, but when I went to cashier to pay for my clothes, I was disappointed. This clerk didn't fold clothes which I was about to buy. Moreover, this clerk crumpled them and put them in a paper bag or plastic bag. It's terrible, because I paid for the clothes and they become my new partners. Why didn't she treat my clothes carefully? This never happens in Japan. When I brought my clothes back my dormitory, I was really shocked because my clothes were wrinkled. I couldn't believe that these were new clothes. I work at a clothing store in Japan, so I care about clothes very much. At the American restaurants I visited people work kindly and carefully and care about us so often but at this clothing store, why didn't she act politely until we leave the store? I couldn't leave the store without uncomfortable feeling. How did this big differences happen? If American people come and buy some clothes in Japan, I bet they will surprised at how courteous Japanese are. I want to tell them that they should remember the value of new clothes, clothes are not only yours, clothes are one of the important things to about ourselves.
I always find a lot of differences between American and Japanese on various things. It's sometimes very comfortable, it's sometimes uncomfortable for me. However I like to find differences, so I look around carefully and compare many things here.
More than 3 weeks have passed since I came here. I have had astounding experiences. I have gone shopping on weekend with my friends a few times to various fascinating places, and they are usually great places to eat and shop. However I felt most uncomfortable when I bought some clothes at a clothing store at northtown last week.
While I was looking around the store, the clerk always talked to me very kindly. It was usually very comfortable for me, but when I went to cashier to pay for my clothes, I was disappointed. This clerk didn't fold clothes which I was about to buy. Moreover, this clerk crumpled them and put them in a paper bag or plastic bag. It's terrible, because I paid for the clothes and they become my new partners. Why didn't she treat my clothes carefully? This never happens in Japan. When I brought my clothes back my dormitory, I was really shocked because my clothes were wrinkled. I couldn't believe that these were new clothes. I work at a clothing store in Japan, so I care about clothes very much. At the American restaurants I visited people work kindly and carefully and care about us so often but at this clothing store, why didn't she act politely until we leave the store? I couldn't leave the store without uncomfortable feeling. How did this big differences happen? If American people come and buy some clothes in Japan, I bet they will surprised at how courteous Japanese are. I want to tell them that they should remember the value of new clothes, clothes are not only yours, clothes are one of the important things to about ourselves.
I always find a lot of differences between American and Japanese on various things. It's sometimes very comfortable, it's sometimes uncomfortable for me. However I like to find differences, so I look around carefully and compare many things here.
Comments