I came to America about two weeks ago. Since I started learning here, I have noticed some interesting cultural differences. In here at MFWI, there are two obvious differences in the classroom. These are very different from classrooms in Japan and we can see some cultural differences easily. They represent American education style well.
![]() |
| My Fabulous Classmates |
In Japan, teachers speak most of the time in the class but not at MFWI. It is one-way teaching in Japan. Teachers have some plans and students follow them. At MFWI, one day I made class rules with my friends and teachers in the class. I was very surprised at that because I had never done such a thing before! I really liked it. I found teachers here encourage students to participate actively in class. Students interact a lot. This style is more interesting and more active for me. I really enjoy the American style and I can spend more valuable time learning English.
I have noticed these interesting differences but I can't say which is better or worse. I like American style better because I'd like to know my friends' opinion. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Which style do you prefer?

Comments