Have you ever made udon in the USA? I have! Udon is one of the most famous Japanese noodle dishes and it is made from flour. I have never made udon even in Japan. I especially didn't expect to make udon in the USA! It has been about 4 weeks since I came here. I adjusted gradually to new life in MFWI, but we eat American food everyday, so we missed Japanese food.
Last week, our housemates including me decided to make some Japanese food! We all suggested Japanese food that we want to eat each other, such as tempura, sukiyaki, soba and so on. Finally, we decided to make udon because it is a little easier to cook than the others. In addition, we decided to make cheese cake. They are strange combination, but we all like both udon and cheese cake, so it didn't matter to us.
| wonderful cooking |
| We love Udon! |
After that, we tried to cut the dough with a kitchen knife. At this time, we were hungry, so we were hurrying. However it was not sharp, so we couldn't cut the dough into thin noodles! We were confused, but we couldn't find the another knife to cut with, so we elected to make the thick noodles into thin ones with plastic bags and towels our hands! It took a long time, more than expected. However, we worked hard and enjoyed talking. We were successful to make noodles in the end. Then, we made soup and put eggs on noodles. The smell of soup reminded us of Japan! When we ate udon, it was 8:00 p.m. , but udon made us relaxed. We felt like we were in Japan for a little!
In this way, I experienced such a amazing thing in USA. I think I could experience precisely because I am in the USA. If I didn't come here, I wouldn't experience such a thing. Probably, I wouldn't do after I go back to Japan.
Comments