Terrific Experience

Wonderful classroom
I have been at MFWI for a month and I am used to this life style. I went to Sunrise Elementary School recently in my writing class. When I went to there, I was surprised at this American elementary school including the kids. I noticed two main educational differences.

First, I learned about the differences of school attitude and I was amazed. This American school displayed many results of science experiments and it looked so interesting so I was fascinated by them. It's not usual to display student works in Japan. Japanese schools display only trophies in glass cases. Our school in Japan is tidy, but not interesting. I thought that this American elementary school looks like a wonderland and the students they have higher motivation to study. I observed there were few walls and the rooms have a sense of unity. I think the class shape is also different. This American classes were smaller than Japanese and students always sit in groups of three people.They can talk about their ideas and they support each other. I thought the class style was better than Japanese one. I think American student's active spirits are cause of the class style.

Active student
Second, I felt these American kids were very active. My writing teacher Ron asked some questions and most of them raised hands and answered questions whether they will right or wrong. I thought they are active and brave. Japanese kids always say "You should listen to teachers lesson silently," so a lot of Japanese kids sit quietly during the class time and don't answer the teacher. I thought it's a natural thing in Japan because we fear making a wrong answer and we don't want to think obtrusively. I think it's a Japanese culture so the image of Japanese is shy and they don't say everything they think. I have never seen such an active class so I was impressed by this elementary school students. American education is good for both teachers and children because they can make the class together. I think Japanese kids should be active like American kids. It's a natural part of  a nationality so I felt differences from children.

I think this experience was very important for my life. I could learn educational differences even if they are kids. I think differences naturally exist so we should admire them. It's necessary for us to accept and improve our education.

Comments