One month has been passed since I came here to MFWI. I still am learning many things in all my classes, and I never get bored with the life here. I come back home to my dormitory with a lot of homework everyday and tiredness but I still am motivated everyday. My friends, RA, and teachers inspire me to study more. Now I have the phrase "Help yourself", which has grown inside of me meaningfully during my one month here.
This phrase is mostly used for food or some materials that you want or need, but I feel something more and "Americanness" about this phrase. In this country, and at this school, I can decide what I want to do much more freely than I can do Japan, and at the same time I have to choose what I want to do by myself. When I am in Japan, I can get information from things others tell me. Sometimes I don't have to move around to get it. This is the kind of "Japaneseness" that I have experienced since I was born in the country. I don't think it is a proper thing, but automatically the idea has gotten into my mind as a bad habit. As I missed signing up for some activities during my first month here, it kind of became my first regrets here, soon I realized this place is not Japan.
Also I realized that I have to be more active to create my own activities to improve my English and make my life here more meaningful. During this first month here, Only thing I did homework and some assignments from teachers. Of course these things are very practical for me to improve my skills, but all these things I've done during my first month are just what expected and I haven't push myself so much to do extra things. It is extremely important to find something new by myself. Teachers often says "Just help yourself" and it sounds that I must "help myself" to make my own world better.
Teachers and people at MFWI are so kind and they always help me to learn many things. However, my experience will have real meanings only if I become active. It is a bit strict for me in some ways. I must keep trying to find new things and challenge them. I will be more active about learning from now on!!
This phrase is mostly used for food or some materials that you want or need, but I feel something more and "Americanness" about this phrase. In this country, and at this school, I can decide what I want to do much more freely than I can do Japan, and at the same time I have to choose what I want to do by myself. When I am in Japan, I can get information from things others tell me. Sometimes I don't have to move around to get it. This is the kind of "Japaneseness" that I have experienced since I was born in the country. I don't think it is a proper thing, but automatically the idea has gotten into my mind as a bad habit. As I missed signing up for some activities during my first month here, it kind of became my first regrets here, soon I realized this place is not Japan.
Also I realized that I have to be more active to create my own activities to improve my English and make my life here more meaningful. During this first month here, Only thing I did homework and some assignments from teachers. Of course these things are very practical for me to improve my skills, but all these things I've done during my first month are just what expected and I haven't push myself so much to do extra things. It is extremely important to find something new by myself. Teachers often says "Just help yourself" and it sounds that I must "help myself" to make my own world better.
Teachers and people at MFWI are so kind and they always help me to learn many things. However, my experience will have real meanings only if I become active. It is a bit strict for me in some ways. I must keep trying to find new things and challenge them. I will be more active about learning from now on!!
Comments