When I first went to a movie theater in Spokane, I really surprised at the price of movie. It was really reasonable!!! Can you guess how much it was? Only $6!!! (about 600 yen in Japan!!!) In Japan, we pay about 1500yen or more for a movie ticket. (about $15 in America!!!) But one thing I noticed when I went to see a movie a second time was that the price I paid was $8. I watched same kind of movie, not 3D nor a special movie. I wondered why the price changed. But I suddenly remembered what my RA (Resident assistant) said. She told us the movie price changes because of time. So if you see a movie in the morning, you pay just a little. But if you see a movie in the evening, you have to pay a little bit more. I noticed the system is oposite that of Japan. Because, you know, from in the morning to evening we pay same fee. How about at night? I have never been there at night in Japan, but the price we pay is a little bit lower. This is one of my favorite part of American movie theatres; reasonable prices.
One more thing that surprised me was the seats in Spokane. The seats are not different, but they're not reserved. Now, we can reserve our seats almost all movie theaters in Japan. Until few years ago, we Japanese also did not have to reserve the seat. But now the system has changed and we have to decide where we sit when we buy tickets. I feel the system in America is good because we do not have to hurry to buy tickets and if you wan to get good seats to see, just go early. So, we do not know who gets good seats and we can choose at that time. The great thing is that we do not have to wait for a long time in a line, because movie goers do not have to choose seats and they just say the title of movie and buy tickets. How easy it is!!! I really prefere the style.
I have always really loved movies and still love movies and love them more than before. Because I am in America!!! Well, here is not Hollywood but it does not matter. I enjoyed learning about these cultural differences and everyday I find out something new and different from Japan. But I want to say to the Japanese government. Please set more reasonable prices for movies, theaters and arts!!! And finally please make Hollywood in Japan!!!
Comments