Big Differences

On February 7th, I arrived at MFWI. I was surprised at a lot of things. Since I came here, I have noticed 3 differences between Spokane and Japan.

First, American food is very different from Japanese food. At first I confused because I really like Japanese food and I miss it. Moreover, I had been having stomachache for days in a row... But I've never left any foods because I want to get used to eat American foods and I have eaten all my meal because I want to get used to eating American food and I don't like wasting food.. Originally I can eat almost anything, however sometimes I feel it is hard for me to eat American food.

Second, during shopping I noticed a lot of things, for example, the difference of service. I can use my credit card everywhere, even buying textbooks at MFWI. In Japan more and more stores accept credit cards, but not as many as American ones. Also, shop staff is really friendly. They talk to me and say things like "how are you?" or "can I help you?" I like this kind of service. But I saw a man who was  eating snacks during his work. I think he is rude and too relaxed. I can't understand that. I was surprised because it is impossible in Japan.

Third, I'm really fascinated by natural beauty around campus. For example I can see a thousand of wonderful stars at night, and sometimes I can see squirrels in MFWI. Since I cannot see such a wild animals in my hometown, I was moved very much.

Everyday, I learn and experience a lot of things. The more I know differences, the more I like both countries. I will do my best in such elegant surroundings.
A cute squirrel