Amazing experience

I had a great time in Boston and Washington D.C. from April 12 to 17. I went to many valuable places such as Freedom Trail, Lincoln Memorial and The Smithsonian Institution. I could learn many interesting American histories and cultures during this trip. Most impressive part of this trip is Plymoth Plantation. This is a copy of Pilgrim village from 1627. When I stepped into the village, I was very excited because it seemed very interesting place, so I looked around in the village and talked with some Pilgrim persons. 

Fantastic house
First of all, I really enjoyed talking to the actors who played the part of Pilgrims. Many actors playing the people who lived here long time ago and I could ask them about their life. I thought the actors got into their role as if they were real Pilgrim in 17 century. First, I talked a woman who is sitting on lawn. She was sewing a doll for her child with singing. She said many women in this village sew dolls as one of their hobbies. The song's name which she was singing is Sumeris icuman. Her singing voice was beautiful. I was absorbed in it. Second, I talked a man. When I entered the man's house, he asked me " Where are you from ?", so I answered "Japan" then he said "Wow, Zipangu! It's Tokugawa world. Welcome new England!". When I heard these words, I was very surprised. I thought the actors who are in Plymoth Plantation get into Pilgrims mind and body. All of actors were very kind, so they answered our question very minutely.

Looking at the buildings and equipments of those days was also very fascinating to me. There were many houses which recreate those days. I could see a lot of furniture and materials reproduction of at that time and also we could use some materials.

Before I go to this village, I didn't think it is such a genuine and fun place, but I really enjoyed all of this village. I was the feeling that I slipped back to the Pilgrim's World in time. Through the talking with Pilgrims and looking their house, I could learn many things about Pilgrim's lives, histories and so on.