Unthinkable Fitting Room

I have visited many place since I came here. I like shopping in particular, and I like buying clothes. I have been to shopping in Northtown, Valley mall, Seattle and downtown by now. In every place I have found a surprise thing while I was shopping many place in America.

Whenever I want to buy clothes, I usually try them on in the shop. Although the shop is very busy, and people are lined up to try on the clothes, I still lined up to too try some on. My friends say they think trying clothes on is troublesome if a shop is busy. However I don't want to regret buying the clothes that I buy. For example, when I find clothes that I want to buy, I need to know if they become me therefore I try them on. When I try them on, I notice that there isn't a face cover in American shops. Almost all Japanese clothes shops have it. It is used by people to prevent make up from sticking to the clothes when they put the clothes on. Also, the clothes in a shop are new, so people don't want to buy them if the clothes are dirty. In order to keep clothes clean, people use a face cover when trying on the clothes. In Japan, it is natural for us to use it when we try on clothes. In addition, a shop clerk says "Please use the face cover." and there is it in fitting room. I was very surprised that there isn't such a thing in American shops. To tell the truth, at first I didn't buy any clothes here, because the clothes seemed dirty. I wanted to buy new clothes, but I couldn't communicate with the shop clerk very well. Recently, I gave up my thinking, so I am now buying new clothes here.

Because of this cultural observation, I find Japanese care more about whether a person's clothes are kept clean or not compared to American people. I think both kinds of thinking is important. To worry about it much and not to do anything aren't good things. I want to get used to American thinking while I stay here.