During my home stay, I watched some movies in my host family's house. My host mother took me to supermarket to rent DVDs. I noticed a DVD rental system there that I have never seen before.
When my host mother said she wanted to watch movies together and rent DVDs, I expected we would go to a DVD rental shop. However, surprisingly, she took me to a supermarket and she started to browse, choose and rent DVDs. I asked my host mother what it is and then she told me it was a DVD rental machine called Red Box which is like an automatic vending machine. I have never seen such a convenient machine like it in Japan. When I want to watch movies and rent DVDs, I always use DVD rental shop and return DVDs to the same store. On the other hand, Red Box is more convenient because rental fee is inexpensive and we can return DVDs anywhere. When I knew that there were many red boxes in supermarkets and drug stores in America, I felt how convenient it is.
From my home stay experience in America, I learned that American people often watch movies and it is one of the ways to spend time relaxing during their family time. Red Box is very useful for people who often watch movies in their home. I think this convenient system should be introduced in Japan.
http://gizmodo.com/redbox/
![]() |
| Convenient DVD Rental Machine |
From my home stay experience in America, I learned that American people often watch movies and it is one of the ways to spend time relaxing during their family time. Red Box is very useful for people who often watch movies in their home. I think this convenient system should be introduced in Japan.
http://gizmodo.com/redbox/
