Superb Seattle Trip

Huge Space Needle
I enjoyed the Seattle trip from March 18 to 20. I studied about Seattle before the trip, so I was looking forward to going there.

The first day was very exciting. I got up at 5 a.m. on the day. I always get up at about 7 a.m, so I felt sleepy at first. We left MFWI at 7 a.m. I arrived at the Colombia River for a first stop. I thought it may be boring, but it was wonderful.This river is very huge. I thought how small I am against the river! I also went to the University of Washington in the afternoon. It was vast. All the buildings looked like castles. I arrived at the hotel at 6:30 p.m. It was gorgeous. There are 5 pillows on my bed. Of course, every pillow was fluffy. After a while, I took a bath. There was also nice bathroom in my room. I could save hot water in the bathtub! My friend and I took a bath for a long time. After that, I watched some TV in the room. I was surprised at American TV. One thing is they have many programs. In Japan, there are only 12 programs. I wonder about the number of programs in America. Can people remember all of them? Also, American commercials are very funny. I couldn't understand the content until the end. They are also longer than Japanese ones. I liked them. This first day was exciting to me.

It was thrilling on Saturday also! In the morning, I went to Pike Place Market. It was lively. Some people bought many foods, and other people were performing at the market. All people were cheerful. I went to the original Starbucks. The color and the Goddess's face of the original Starbucks are different from the new symbol. The old face looks real, then I was afraid of her, but I bought 5 tumblers and 2 dolls there. After that, I went shopping downtown. I bought 2 kind of clothes. When I walked downtown, I saw one Japanese man. He was doing a campaign to raise funds for the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. Of course, I gave him some money and I talked to him. He said "I'm studying abroad now, I am from Osaka, and my university is in Kobe." He was from the same place as me, so I really enjoyed his talk and I was proud of his activity. In the evening, I ate dinner on a cruise ship. I had never ridden on a cruise ship, so it was special experience for me! Eating dinner while the boat moved looked very strange, but I saw a beautiful view. Fortunately, I could see a "Super Moon." We can only see it every 21 years. Today was good weather, so how lucky I was! I arrived at the hotel at 10 p.m. I was very tired, so I went to bed soon. I had a splendid time on Saturday.

My last day was fabulous. It was wonderful weather. There were no clouds, so the view from the Space Needle was marvelous! I could see mountains, sea, and buildings clearly. Brunch at the Space Needle was delicious. Every dish was great. My favorite food for the brunch was muffin. I wanted to take some out. After that, I went to Burke Museum at the University of Washington. It's my favorite place because the exhibit was really attractive. The guide's story was intelligible. I thought I want to learn more about more Native American culture and history. As you can see, my last day was impressive.

Anyway, my Seattle Trip was wonderful, but it was not enough time for me. I want to go again!

Comments