First, having positive attitude in classes is the most important way to learn English skills and American history, I think. In all the classes, teachers are American, and they understand our English skill is not good, so they teach everyone kindly, and friendly. Therefore we can learn English to be relaxed atmosphere. It is important to speak English only and to ask many questions in class as much as possible with friends and teachers. To participate in office hour is good way to improve English, too.
Next, to talk to RA is good to learn American lifestyle or slang. They know American fashionable place, clothes, words, food, and so on. Moreover they help us more closely than teachers. My RA taught us many American games, slangs, American custom, and sometimes we made American food at tutorial time, so I leaned how to read American recipe. RA makes our American life more enjoyable and more close.
Finally, to watch movies in English is important to improve listening skill. There are many kinds of movies in the library, for example Alice in wonder land, Cinderella, Love actually, and so on. There are not only American movies, but also Japanese movies, for example Kiki’s delivery, Howl’s moving castle, and so on. I watched both sub-titular movies and not sub-titular movies. It helped me to listen to English more easily.
At first, when I came to MFWI, I couldn't understand what teachers say, so I couldn't talk activity in class. Then I could understand it. I could know pleasure of learning English by grace of MFWI. I want to keep to learn English at MFWI.
Comments