On Friday, I had a wonderful time because I met my pen pals at MFWI. They are Sunrise Elementary School 4th graders. I went to Sunrise Elementary School in February, but at that time I didn't know my pen pals, so this was my first time to meet them. We sent some letters each other during the semester, so we got to know each other, but we didn't know the faces of each other. I was looking forward to seeing them on this day.
Our class separated into 4 groups for Sunrise Elementary kids. One group was an Origami group, another a Yukata group, another a Japanese toy group and another an outside game group. I belonged to be outside game group. It was nice weather, so outside was pretty comfortable. My group members were Mio who was leader, Shizuka, Chinatsu and me. We were tiring, because we played outside for about an hour with cheerful children. While we were playing with children, we were always running, so we were very tired. Children is 10 years old, but we are 19 or 20 years old. The difference between 10 and 19 or 20 is almost all 10! When children was running, they were very fast and cheerful, so we couldn't follow after them. We played tag, hide and seek and so on. They are common games between America and Japan. After that, We introduced some Japanese games to them, for example, darumasannga-koronda, hanaichi-monme and so on. We also learned some American games from cheerful children, for example, red light green light, duck-duck-guuse and so on. It was very interesting to me. After playing outside, I was really tired, but I had a fantastic time because I met every student who came to our class, and I learned some American games. I also taught them Japanese games. I think it was marvelous experience for me.
I had a wonderful lunch with my pen pals. I was really looking forward to this time. My pen pals were 2 children. One was Erin who was a very gentle girl. She liked to do origami, so I gave her some origami which has Japanese pattern. Another child was Micheal who was a very cheerful boy. He likes basketball and baseball. He likes Ichiro who is Japanese famous baseball player, so he wore a uniform of Ichiro when he came to see me, so when we met first time, I found him at once. He gave me some Seattle Mariner's souvenir and chocolate. I was surprised and very happy. After lunch, we played volleyball. It was fantastic. When we left, I was very sad, because I may not be able to see them again. I gave them some Japanese paper balls and origami as a souvenir.
Comments