My precious experience!

On Friday, American children came to MFWI during American studies class. They were around 9 or 10 years old. There were about 30 powerful children. I was looking forward to meeting them. I love children, and it was lovely day! It was really exciting.

We did many exciting things with the active children. First, we made Origami with children. I made a crane and the animation character, Picachu and other characters. My child couldn't make Origami well, and I couldn't talk to him well, and I couldn't hear his speaking at all, so I was at a loss! I have met American children few times before, but I haven't faced such a difficult scene. Some American teachers helped me on this day, for example the teacher asked me about Japanese culture, but I couldn't answer her questions well. I had many pictures of Japanese houses, so I wanted to show them to my students. I couldn't do anything. I just made brief responses while listening. I think that he was at a loss, too and bored. Next, we went outside, and my feelings were at ease because everyone played outside together, then the American children seem to be having fun! I was surprised. The boy who made Origami with me was very excited, too. I was happy to see him and, we played tag together. It was so interesting! The children were so fast. My group were all vigorous boys, so everyone was full of energy. After playing tag, our teacher taught a game to us. It was Saimon game in Japanese. The children learned some Japanese during the game. Everyone was smart, so they remembered some Japanese. It was wonderful! We enjoyed the time, but when they went back, I miss them.

I thought that it is not easy to communicate with children in America because I can not speak English well and I can not understand English well. It is difficult for me to communicate even with Japanese children. I regretted not having prepared well, but finally we could be excited, and the American children could learn some Japanese. I was so happy. I want to communicate well and teach Japan to American children more and more than next time. I had a fantastic time.

Comments