Mr. Mori and his wife, Junko drove us to church. At first, we were very nerves because we worried whether we can teach people about Japan well. The church was filled with many people when we entered. They looked at us with very kind smile, so we felt at ease. We went to a Japanese booth and stood. Then, a few children soon came and I taught them how to make kabuto. This was my job. At first I could not explain well because I didn't know how to teach other people and I panicked. However, I could gradually teach them more and more and I enjoyed this time. We enjoyed making kabuto hats by newspaper and children wore them on their head. People said to me, "Thank you." I was very happy to hear that. I was satisfied with my work, but if I have had more English skill, I could have taught them well. I communicated with many people on that day. It was very exciting.
After hour volunteering time, some people asked us to take pictures with them because we were waring yukatas, so people were interested in us. We felt as if we became popular, so we enjoyed ourselves. We went back to JCC and we felt a big senses of achievement. We still felt excited and praised each other. This volunteer experience was very hard and exciting, so we had a really good time and this was a really good opportunity. This experience became my treasure and I'll never forget it. I want to try various things during my time at MFWI.
Comments