Curious girls

On Saturday, the Japanese Cultural Center (JCC) held the hinamatsuri festival for girl scouts. I went there. I wore a yukata. Almost all of the volunteer students wore the yukata. About thirty girl scouts and their parents came there. We had four areas, how to put on a yukata, how to make origami, how to write katakana, and a display area.

I was very excited because girls were very active. They moved to each area they wanted to do. When I wrote a girl's name, she said cool! I was so surprised, because I have never felt writing katakana was cool. It was so fresh for me, and she said she wanted to write more! I was so glad to hear that. I thought that I wanted to explain to them about Japanese. I like calligraphy, so I want to show calligraphy to more girls someday.

I heard the making origami camera is popular among children from my friends. I practiced making an origami camera. I made this for girls. They looked excited. We made this together. They made this very well.

I did volunteer work for the first time at MFWI. It was difficult to communicate with children because I can not speak English well, but they were so active, so I enjoyed this. I want to see them again. I thought that a curiosity is important to communicate with people who speak a different language. If I want to understand someone or something, I never give up!

Comments