Wonderful trip to the East Coast


I could find out that there are a lot of wonderful places in America by having East coast trip. It became the most wonderful memory for me during this study abroad program. We Mukogawa students went to Boston and Washington D.C. as an East coast trip from April 3rd to April 8th. It took about 12 hours by plane. Also we used Amtrak to go to Washington D.C. from Boston. Both Boston and Washington D.C. have many special and historical places, especially three amazing places; Harvard University, Quincy Market and the Smithsonian museum. 


Harvard University was fascinating place to me. My first impression of Harvard University was really huge, beautiful and international. It is one of the most famous university in the world, of course it is familiar in Japan. It was established in 1636 and it is the oldest university in the United States. The buildings were beautiful even though it has already been a long time since it was established. It is famous for library, luckily we could see the outside of the library, however, we could not enter it. It looked really huge and historical place. I could see many international students. Our tour guide told us that about more than 20% of students attend Harvard University are international students. I was really surprised to hear that. The scale of the university was wonderful and made me excited.

                  huge and beautiful library                               


The Quincy Market was also incredible to me. We do not have enough time to look around, however, I could have very delicious lunch with my friend. Before I went to the East coast trip, I heard about that Boston is famous for lobster, therefore I was really looking forward to eating lobster roll. It was really good and it is the best food for me in this trip. Quincy Market is like a market, so there are a lot of kinds of stores, therefore we could look around in a short time. When we went there, it was cloudy and cold, so I really want to go there again on a fine and warm day. I was really satisfied with eating and shopping at Quincy Market.


   delicious lobster roll



I was also amazed by the Smithsonian museum. It was the place where I was most excited to go, because it is famous for the movie Night Museum a famous Japanese comedian went there in his TV program. It was really famous TV program in Japan and I knew that, however, we had only three hours to look around. It was too short to see all of them and it was Sunday, so it was crowded. We could see only two part of the museums that are Air and Space Museum and Natural History Museum. They were really big and beautiful. There were many exhibitions and all of them were interesting. What I was most surprised was the admission fee. It was totally free. When I heard about that for the first time, I was really surprised, because there were a lot of famous exhibitions. I could see and experienced many valuable things. Visiting Smithsonian Museum was the best way to finish the East coast trip.





           amazing the Smithsonian Museum

In summary, I could find that Boston and Washington D.C. are wonderful place by visiting many places especially Harvard University, Quincy Market and the Smithsonian museum, because the all three places made me excited and they were historical and beautiful places. I really enjoyed the East coast trip and it became the best memory for me.
-->

Comments